One of the main draws to any Pokémon game is battling against other players. Whether it’s on the 3Ds or on Pokémon Go for mobile phones, it’s a test of who’s going to be the very best “like no one ever was!” Today, we’re going to recap what the best attackers and defenders are since the generation 2 release.
Here is the Top 10 Defenders
1. Blissey with Zen Headbutt or Pound and Dazzling Gleam
2. Snorlax with Zen Headbutt and Body Slam or Hyper Beam
3. Tyranitar with Iron Tail and Crunch
4. Rhydon with Mud Slap and Stone Edge
5. Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Outrage
6. Gyarados with Dragon Tail and Outrage
7. Steelix with Iron Tail and Heavy Slam
8. Vaporeon with Water Gun and Aqua Tail
9. Donphan with Counter and Play Rough
10. Espeon with Confusion and Psybeam
Blissey is the top mostly because of its high HP and the time it takes to bring one down. While there are counters to Blissey, it remains one of the longest battles you will have in Pokémon Go of any Pokémon.
Top 10 Attackers
1. Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Hurricane
2. Alakazam with Confusion and Futuresight
3. Vaporeon with Water Gun and Hydro Pump / Aqua Tail
4. Cloyster with Frost Breath and Hydro Pump
5. Exeggutor with Bullet Seed and Solar Beam
6. Jolteon with Volt Switch and Thunder
7. Flareon with Fire Spin and Overheat
8. Gengar with Hex and Sludge Bomb
9. Rhydon with Mud-Slap and Stone Edge
10. Starmie with Water Gun and Hydro Pump or Psychic
Here’s a few tips if you’re trying to take down a gym and are having problems bringing down those powerful Pokémon that are regularly appearing in gyms.
If you’re fighting a Dragonite, use Lapras as a first choice. Other good attackers are Jolteon and Gyarados.
For Snorlax, use Arcanine, Machamp and Rhydon to counter this Pokémon.
For Gyarados, try Jolteon and Electabuzz.
As for a mainstay in the gyms that is Vaporeon, using Jolteon and Exeggutor will bring him down fast.
Rhydon is also another mainstay Using Vaporeon, Starmie, Omastar against him. I’ve even had luck with using Exeggutor as well.
For the high HP Blissey, using Machamp, Rhydon, and Dragonite seem to be best to bring this guy down.
Lastly, Tyranitar. Again Machamp is a great choice; followed by Jolteon and Dragonite.
Do you have any other go-to matchups that you use against these frequently found defenders? If so, let us know in the comments below!