Every so often Nintendo and Game Freak will host a global mission for everyone around the world to participate in. These missions can vary between catching Pokémon, taking pictures with the Pokéfinder, and more. This post will more or less serve as a guide to how you can get into these events in order to get the rewards from participating. Be sure to check out our other guides for Pokémon Sun/Moon by clicking here.
Register Your Game
Step 1: Check Your Internet Connection
Be sure that your system in the Nintendo 3DS family is connected to the Internet. If you are connected properly, “Internet” will be displayed in the top-left corner of the upper screen of your HOME Menu.
Step 2: Create a Game Sync ID in Your Game
Once you’re connected to the Internet, launch your game to generate a Game Sync ID. To do so, you’ll need to have played your Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon game to the point where you visit your first Pokémon Center.
• After you’ve reached that point, press the X Button and then select Festival Plaza.
• Enter the castle located in the middle of Festival Plaza.
• Examine the PC (it’s on your right) and then select Game Sync.
• Select Yes to connect to the Internet. Your game will be saved and you’ll connect to the Internet.
• After a brief explanation of Game Sync, select Create your Game Sync ID.
• After you select Yes, wait briefly until your Game Sync ID appears at the top of the screen.
• Write your Game Sync ID down so you can use it on the Pokémon Global Link website.
Step 3: Register Your Game Sync ID in the PGL
To register your game at the Pokémon Global Link, you’ll need your Game Sync ID and a Pokémon Trainer Club account. You can register for a Pokémon Trainer Club account on the PGL website. Players under age 13 will need help from a parent or guardian.
If you’d like to add another game to your Pokémon Global Link account (for example, if you have registered Pokémon Sun and would like to register Pokémon Moon as well), select Account Settings from the Pokémon Global Link home page, and then select Register additional game. Or you can log in again, and at the bottom of the screen, select the icon labeled Register additional game.
Step 4: Use Game Sync
Now that your game is registered, use Game Sync to connect your game so you can connect to the Pokémon Global Link for Online Competitions, Rating Battles, and more. To use Game Sync manually, enter the castle located in the middle of Festival Plaza and then examine the PC. Select Game Sync to manually start the process. Note that you may need to wait a little while after your previous Game Sync before you can use Game Sync again. If you try too soon, you’ll receive an error message.
How To Participate In The Global Missions
Follow these steps to join the global mission:
1. Enter Festival Plaza in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon by selecting it in your in-game menu, which you’ll find by pressing the X Button.
2. Enter Festival Plaza’s central castle.
3. Speak to the global mission receptionist on the right and let her know you want to participate in the global mission.
4. Remember to return before the mission ends to sync your game to add to the global count! Once you are participating in the global mission, talk to the receptionist to have your progress sent to the server. Also, if you have registered your game to a PGL account, simply connecting to the Internet while in Festival Plaza will cause your game to sync automatically, which will send your progress to the server.
How to Check Your Progress Toward the Global Goal
Talk to the receptionist to check on the overall progress toward the goal and to update your own progress as well. You can also check on the progress by visiting the home page of the Pokémon Global Link.
If you have any issues or questions, feel free to post in the comments below and we would love to try to help you out!