Pokémon hunters have been eagerly awaiting the Generation 2 wave of Pokémon to release. That date may come sooner than some think. It’s been rumored it would release in December and also in January. New information today, while not 100% confirmed, may show that it will release on December 8th.
Apparently your local Starbucks is going to become either a Pokéstop or a Gym. Either way, that means you may be able to find a way to stay out of the cold while hunting those pocket monsters.
Here is the text from the PDF that was taken of the Starbucks website:
The world of Pokemon GO is about to expand with new Pokemon and a new Starbucks beverage!
Starbucks is collaborating with Pokemon in their new update on Thursday, December 8
What does that mean? It’s pretty exciting…
• The majority of company-operated stores across the United States will be turned into a PokeStop or Gym
• By locating your store within the game, players will unlock the Pokemon GO Frappuccino Blended Beverage!
• We anticipate our participation in the game will encourage more customers to visit your store and increase number of transactions.
• When players come to visit, encourage them to purchase the new Pokemon GO Frappuccino
• All partners should make, taste and describe the Pokemon Go Frappuccino by open on Thursday, December 8.
Here’s the image from the PDF from the Starbucks website:
With December 8th just a few short days away, it seems it will be a wait and see game. While it doesn’t go on to state that it will officially be the Gen 2 released, it may well be one or more of the currently un-catchable Legendaries from Gen 1 as well. Which Gen 2 Pokémon are you most excited about?